Kickstand is denting exhaust pipe.

vim420

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whenever I release the kickstand it will hit my exhaust pipe. Not sure if that's the way it always has been or if previous owner was neglecting to fix it. There is now a fairly large dent. The centre stand was removed so that's not an option. I would like to fix this as soon as possible cause the dents only going to get bigger. I assume it's an easy fix maybe a stretched spring or missing something to prevent it from hitting the pipe. Anyone have a similar problem? Any advice would be helpful!

What model bike do you have? Any pics? There should be a rubber stopper on the lever keeping that from happening.

Attachments

• DSC02831.jpg
    DSC02831.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 401
Chris, didn't some of the stock exhausts have rubber stoppers on them, rather than the stand?

My exhaust is aftermarket and the stand does the same thing, PO clearly didn't care. I haven't looked into it but the rubber stopper on the stand looks like a good idea.

They should have both stock. One for center stand and one for the side.

Attachments

• DSC02832.jpg
    DSC02832.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 387
its a 1980 xs400g special II. Definitely no rubber stopper so thats the first step! gotta take another look next time im at the bike (its in storage).

Back