Lady learning

la-river-rat

XS400 Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Just joined yesterday. I am a semi-retired female who loves bikes. Have messed with them since age ten. I feel I am too old to ride now( plus my daughter ask me to wait until she is grown before start riding again), but love to put the old girls back to as close to original as possible and give them new life for someone to enjoy.
I just finished and sold a 1987 Virago. Bought this little 1983 xs400h to tinker with now. I know nothing about this bike as is obvious from my post about not knowing about a kick stand safety switch.
I hope you guys don't mind a woman on your site and can put up with what I am sure will be many stupid questions from me.
:)

welcome to the forum, nice to have a bit of balance.

Just don't post up any pikkies semi nude men :D

To be fair, I don't think there's a picture of any semi or entirely nude women anywhere on this site, which is a little surprising given the reputation of bikers and all...

We welcome the willingness to laugh at your mistakes with us, to listen to our advice if feasible, and the joy of solving problems as a community. After You hook your camera up to your computer put them in a folder on your desktop where you'll look for them. You first upload those pics to your album in your profile. They go up in batches of 5. Under each pic in the album is a become. You copy that code and paste it into a post it appears as a small version of tour pic!

Here is my new toy.

Attachments

• 130323_001.jpg
    130323_001.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 214
  • 130323_002.jpg
    130323_002.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 217
  • 130323_003.jpg
    130323_003.jpg
    247.6 KB · Views: 205
welcome la river rat here's a couple wiring diagrams that may help, one is universal the other is a 82 xs400 should be close to your 83 except kick stand switch

Attachments

• universal wiring diagram.PNG
    universal wiring diagram.PNG
    212.7 KB · Views: 226
  • 82 XS400.PNG
    82 XS400.PNG
    78.9 KB · Views: 202
Back