Let's see your paint jobs!

Excess Impulse

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
Just got my tank all prepped and it's ready for color, just not sure what I want to do. I'm not a talented artist or painter, so a simple single color with an accent stripe could work. I like the old school Yamaha yellow with the black blocks, or the classic enduro style with the displacement designation on the tank side, but I think I'd like something more subtle, earth tones, or ??? I'd like to see what others have done.

Mine so far:

A little daylight shots.

Paint%202%20%2014.jpg

Paint%202%20%2012.jpg

Paint%202%20%206.jpg

Cleaned up the rear fender and primed it as well.

Paint%202%20%201.jpg

Paint%202%20%2016.jpg

I have these stripes to put on it:

s-l1600.jpg

VuEhJ21.jpg

Still underway, but this warm grey is the same on the front fender and will also be on the seatpan whenever I actually finish the damned thing. I plan to use orange marine vinyl for the seat pad to match the logo.

There is only a front fender on it, no rear. I have currently powder coated the front fender black but this spring I plan on painting the fender to match the tank.

The bike is mostly finished. Next year I'll replace the reg/rec and the clutch as it's on its way out and a few small things like paint the fender and it'll be done 100%.

I went with portafino blue, or close to it. I just wanted a clean look, but this could look good with a stripe/s or motif of some sort. Choosing a color is really hard, I mulled on a decision for ages before realising you just have to just choose something and go with it or you will never decide. Trying to come up with the 'perfect' color is near impossible lol. I ended up looking at 60's muscle cars for ideas and found a 65 ac cobra painted in portafino blue and got my paint guy to match it from a youtube video.

Attachments

• DSC00279.jpg
    DSC00279.jpg
    260 KB · Views: 672
  • DSC00281.jpg
    DSC00281.jpg
    245.4 KB · Views: 392
Wow, thanks for all the responses! I like the shortened front fender, still keeps the support but a custom look. There are lots of creative ideas here. Greasey Fingers, that is one clean looking bike, I've never saw anyone mount the rear fender like that, great job. And I believe that was a West Eagle seat if I recall from a previous thread. Not to take away from any of the others, it's so cool to see how the same base bike can be interpreted in so many ways! I think I have an idea developing for my own, thanks again!

I went with portafino blue, or close to it. I just wanted a clean look, but this could look good with a stripe/s or motif of some sort. Choosing a color is really hard, I mulled on a decision for ages before realising you just have to just choose something and go with it or you will never decide. Trying to come up with the 'perfect' color is near impossible lol. I ended up looking at 60's muscle cars for ideas and found a 65 ac cobra painted in portafino blue and got my paint guy to match it from a youtube video.
View attachment 19550

Beautiful bike!:thumbsup:

cheers guys! (BBS360 I will try to write in my thread more details on the mounting of rear fender, and add photos. I made a bracket to come up from under the swing arm to attach to the rear of fender as well as the struts you see in photo)

I saw the bracket. There's a photo somewhere in the thread. Keeps the hardware mostly out of sight. Looks good.

Back