Looking for a taillight

MechNewb

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
Hey everyone, hopefully one of you can help me out.

Im updating the turns and tail light on my bike to LEDs to take some load off the charging system plus I want to go for smaller lgihts as it is.

I really like the look of the classic round taillight from Dime City Cycles but waas wondering if anyone has ever seen it in LED form? From my research, the taillight on the 400 and 650 take a lot of amperage.

Ive looked on Ebay, DCC, Old Bike barn and Parts n More. Any other recommendations?

I bought a light bar for my bike. It had the running light brake light and both turn signals. I beleive I got it from motorcyclesuperstore. They have quite a bit of stuff

There are almost always direct replacement LED bulbs available for any light that takes standard bulbs. I upgraded the Suzuki VX800 tail light I used on my sons' 1980 XS400 cafe project to LEDs simply by replacing the original bulbs with the appropraite LED replacement. The bulbs are generally 1156 or 1157 form factor and are a direct plug in replacement for standard bulbs. They are easily found on ebay or at suberbriteleds.com.

There are almost always direct replacement LED bulbs available for any light that takes standard bulbs. I upgraded the Suzuki VX800 tail light I used on my sons' 1980 XS400 cafe project to LEDs simply by replacing the original bulbs with the appropraite LED replacement. The bulbs are generally 1156 or 1157 form factor and are a direct plug in replacement for standard bulbs. They are easily found on ebay or at suberbriteleds.com.

+1 :thumbsup:

I simply used one of those universal cat eye taillights, and then put an LED replacement bulb in it. Total cost was < $15.

I will admit that the cat eye taillight looks better with an incandescent bulb in it; but I don't spend much time looking at my taillight so it hasn't really bothered me.

Back