Looking for a tank that will fit as the stock one does

ricky277d

XS400 Member
Reaction score
Ive been looking for a replacement stock tank but cant find any that are in pristine condition, as mine had a few dents from the previous owner. So i was wondering if anyone knew what kind of tank would bolt up to my xs400 and cover all necessary components like electrical etc. And look sharp. Ive seen a few aftermarkets online fairly cheap but like i said i kinda want something that will bolt up so if anyone can shed some light id really appreciate it!

Also im looking to do an oil change, i bought a few filters but im not entirely sure where its located as i dont have a manual for this bike. Thanks.

uploadfromtaptalk1437105977873.jpg

I don't know of anything that will bolt up without some kind of modification. You'll need to look for an equivalent oem tank somewhere.

A tank without any dents (even with crappy paint) will generally go for $100 or so. If it had perfect paint AND no dents expect the price to be a bit higher; I would think $150 minimum, but perhaps significantly more if it is original paint.

Who knows, you might find a deal! You might also try and repair and paint the one you have.

Back