Looking for paint opinions (pics included)

Renegade

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I was thinking for a while that my latest paint job was done... but being an artist first and foremost; I cant seem to let well enough be. I've een riding around with the black with red flames...but now I'm wondering if a little more flavor is in order.

This is a close-up of the tank, as I see it while riding...
293867_277432822337761_194956219_n.jpg

And the overall look...
545330_10151210168909799_1413359134_n.jpg

Do you all think that a thin silver stripe, outlining the flames, would be too much, or just the ticket?

Its all about fitting to you and thats pretty much all that matters. But since you asked for opinions...

I think the flames should wrap around the sides of the tank more, we cant really see them from the side.

Dont worry mate. I have a plan to build a custom bike using a 93 ninja motor and if I get to build it for me, it will have an extremely bold color scheme. But the Yamaha will stay pretty low-key

I do hate to double post, by I thought Drewpy would appreciate this.

When I first got the bike, it was all black, repainted at some point by an novice, who should not have been allowed to hold a shaker can at all. Since there were so many drips, sags, and orange peeling; I had to repaint it. This was my first paint scheme

7033_151085104798_5540791_n.jpg

After a couple years...and an accident in the garage...(dont ask) I had to repaint again and that was when I decided that the brighter colors just wasnt my bag. So I switched to the simple red flames that I have now.

i do like them brighter, but that's just me. I always thought the more modern bikes need to be in ya face, hence the Gulf colour scheme for the FZ600.

Back