Looking for wiring confirmation

unleashedlive

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alright so I'm looking for someone to help verify/correct my wiring. Biggest issue I was having is not recharging the battery/not running without the battery.

Here is my current revised wiring setup I'm looking for confirmation around.
https://imgur.com/0zsKjc4

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Regulator is not wired correctly.
Needs a positive supply to the brown wire.

The brown wire comes from the ignition switch, supplies power to the alternator's field coil, to the regulator, and to the fuse block.
The black wire from the alternator connects to the green wire from the regulator.
Regulator also connects to ground.

First diagram was closer, just need to supply the regulator and field coil from a supply after the ignition switch.

The regulator control's the field coil's connection to ground.
When the voltage generated is high enough the regulator opens or limits the connection to ground, reducing current in the field coil and as a result the voltage produced by the alternator.

I can't actually make out the smaller writing. Does Imgur downsize the pictures?
Maybe upload to the forum directly.

Does that say "kill switch" on the battery negative?
Wouldn't want anything between the battery and ground. That connection will have the full starter current flowing on it.

Bumping this back up because FINALLY defrosted from winter and not getting anything with the starter and this wiring. All lights and signals work fine, but nothing out of the starter.

Thoughts?

Back