Making a front fender to a rear fender?

motomind400

XS400 Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, new to the site. I have a maxim 400 I am making into a bobber. I was curious if any knew/has used the front fender for the rear. I would try it but my bike never had a front fender so I figured I would check with you guys before I bought one. I'll attach a picture of what the bike looks like so far. Thanks

Attachments

• 0129181624.jpg
    0129181624.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 297
I really thought about using the front fender from my bike( 1976 XS360) Of course I was going to buy another used one that I could cut and save my own

I went with a 3.5x18 (Heidenau K34) rear tire and the front fender over the back tire was almost perfect IMO. It looked really good but I never made mounts for it so it never happened.

I will try to check in the morning. If its not snowing/very cold, i may be inclined to remove my front fender and get a pic. The fitment was great. Im actually still thinking about it but i just like to ride lol. Ive put a ton of work into it already.

Lol yea its been very cold here the last couple of days. I work at night and my shed doesnt have a light. By the time I wake up its dark and its coldest in the morning. Ill go back outside and see how I feel..

So this fender has tapered side walls, they measure 3.75" inches at the widest and taper down to 3.25". My tire is 3.5 and it fits nicely in there with maybe a half inch of spacing on both sides.
IMG_0140.JPG IMG_0141.JPG IMG_0142.JPG

Yea, thanks. That looks really nice and does seem to fit pretty well. Ill have tp measure mine a little more close. I like the way that looks id just have to make sure it will fit. Thanks for the dimensions and pics

Back