Member Roll call

I'm one the new guys and yes I'm still here. Planning to keep the xs for a few more years. Maybe longer. Havn't offered much input because most of you are way ahead of me with bike knowledge. Don't worry, Ill ask questions when I need help and jump in with some advice when I feel I will be able to help someone else. I've been spending a lot of time reading through old threads gaining the cofidence to tackle some stuff I otherwise would not. Just in the process of a M/C rebuild and having some issues with splooge hole. (found my answers on a past thread) Next will be chain and sprockets and going to play around with tooth count. Got the idea off another post. The forum is great. lovin it.

Ken56 when I joined this site I knew nothing about working or fixing things on our xs400.This site has been a wealth of knowlege for me but I still have alot to learn.READ READ and READ thats what I do to keep feeding my head.Thanks for signing in.

Checking in.
I'm one the new guys and yes I'm still here... Next will be chain and sprockets and going to play around with tooth count. Got the idea off another post. The forum is great. lovin it.
Not many tooth count options for the Maxim but I highly recommend changing to 17 on the front - unless you are a drag racer.
Also, in-line fuel filter is a must.
And be real careful torquing the oil filter cover (11 lbs = "wrist-tight" only!). You cannot find spares anywhere if you crack it and not every aluminum welder really knows what he is doing.

Checking in.

Not many tooth count options for the Maxim but I highly recommend changing to 17 on the front - unless you are a drag racer.
Also, in-line fuel filter is a must.
And be real careful torquing the oil filter cover (11 lbs = "wrist-tight" only!). You cannot find spares anywhere if you crack it and not every aluminum welder really knows what he is doing.

Hey lou, Your the one I was following to get the sprocket Ideas from. I think we have the same riding style. I'm too old to be a speed demon (those days are behind me now) Just like cruising the back roads and want to lower rev's a bit. Have done a few oil changes now with no problem. Just used common sense. Don't currently run a fuel filter but will get one this season. Great idea. May pick your brain a bit more when I get around to doing sprockets.
Thanks for the input.

Hey Mate where you been?:)

G'day Scorpio,

I have been busy doing pretty much everything else that has nothing to do with motorcycles. I think I have earned a diploma in Ikea furniture assembly. :banghead:

Anyway, I've climbed back up on the iron horse and I'm itching to get my bike running. In my apartment building there are about a dozen residents with motorcycles ranging from scooters to Ducs and Harleys and every time I hear one start up I kick myself for not finishing my bike.

Cheers :bike:

Back