Motorcycle cover

The cover I bought is nearly identical to that one:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0031I20JC/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I've found it to be perfectly adequate. I don't tie the bottoms down and I've had no issues with condensation yet.... but it was -15C the other night and nearly 10C today...Not the biggest swing in Colorado history. I also have a habit of starting the bike every few weeks and letting it warm up since I don't have a battery tender hooked up. We'll see how well it weathers by spring time, but at $20 you can hardly complain about replacing it every year. :bike:

you should ride it when you start it up though, don't just let it sit and idle that will only drain the battery. Best thing for your battery is to take it off the bike and store it inside over winter if you're not riding.

Store the battery on a trickle charge, or if you are able, charge it weekly, stored in a relatively warm place.

My buddy in colorado uses an old family sized tent he found for free on craigslist for winter storage. Best case scenario because the bike doesn't touch any part of the tent, and it's (for a 70's tent) hermetically sealed.

Lucky for pretty much everyone else you don't live in SF, where your bike will rust to bits even stored in your garage. I wash and wax frequently, and Keep a layer of "Boeshield T-9" on anything steel that doesn't get hot (bolts and other hardware).

PS, T-9 is awesome. You can buy it at your local bicycle shop. Originally designed for corrosion protection on the landing gear of airplanes, it makes an extremely good rust barrier that dries to a hard wax coating, and is tenacious.

Back