Moving

Sesty

H.E. Pennypacker
Reaction score
My gf and I are moving into a beach-side apt with each other a few miles from my current house this weekend....:eek::yikes:

my roommates are staying put which is good so i will still have a garage to store and work on the bike. The new place only has on street parking... which will suck for keeping the bike when they eventually move out.

for you folks wifed up (married or just living together) have any advice as this is my first time ever moving in with a gf:confused::shrug:

don't boil your dirty carbs in your gf's cooking pots without permission? :laugh:

spend plenty of time together, but also do your own thing once in a while. I have at least one night a week where the fiancée is out of the house and I have the place to myself, and so does she. And come up with a division of chores that works for you guys. For example I do very little cleaning around the house, but I fix things and do the groceries and cooking. She usually does the dishes. Other than that just enjoy and try not to kill eachother haha

Chris hit it on the head,married or not its 50/50 relationship.Ive been married 12 years on my 2cnd I help around the kitchen especialy when its come to cooking:D.I like cooking anyways and very creative.Giving each other space is an important thing to do.If you hang 24/7 you are like to get bored with each other or on each others nerves. Do things to keep the romantic juices flowing and treat her like a gentleman.After 12 years I still open the door on my truck for my mrs to get in.No matter how great the temptation is don't cheat or sleep around on each other. seems like when I was younger in my 1st 20 year marriage I had more oppurtunities to mess around than I did before I got married.Any relationship takes compromising so make sure and do that.Oh and one last thing If you well off financialy before you get married sign a prenumpt:laugh:

If she isn't the kind of girl who will let you be yourself then she isn't the girl for you mate.

Figure out who the clean one is and who the dirty one is in terms of bedroom, kitchen, leaving shit laying around, and do you best to be cleaner, or not get mad.. That will save you at least a couple arguments.. Same for taking out the trash, cleaning the bathroom, kinda stuff; its always better to just do it yourself instead of having a fight because she never does it - there is just no point.

Also - Surprises go a long way. Every once in a while, bring her breakfast in bed, or cook/order her a nice meal and have it ready for her. Flowers randomly is always a bonus.

Think of it like your bike - Preventative maintenance.

And do not let the romance fade date wise.. make scheduled dates and go out, just like when you didn't live together. If you don't bad things can happen!

If she isn't the kind of girl who will let you be yourself then she isn't the girl for you mate.

Figure out who the clean one is and who the dirty one is in terms of bedroom, kitchen, leaving shit laying around, and do you best to be cleaner, or not get mad.. That will save you at least a couple arguments.. Same for taking out the trash, cleaning the bathroom, kinda stuff; its always better to just do it yourself instead of having a fight because she never does it - there is just no point.

Also - Surprises go a long way. Every once in a while, bring her breakfast in bed, or cook/order her a nice meal and have it ready for her. Flowers randomly is always a bonus.

Think of it like your bike - Preventative maintenance.

And do not let the romance fade date wise.. make scheduled dates and go out, just like when you didn't live together. If you don't bad things can happen!

Listen to this guy. Good advice.

As some might say your life is over,compltely untrue especialy if your both on the same .page.Obviously your ready to settle down and become a couple so you know what your in for.I have been married twice 30 out of my 50 years so I must be doing something right.Although with my first I stayed just for the children I should broke that one off long before 21 years.What recreate posted is very true but it has to work the opposite also.Let her be herself and don't control.A controlling relationship never works.Also some couples prefer separate bank accounts,nothing wrong with that in my opinion.Dont rush into marriage either take your time and see if the you two are realy meant for each other.I once dated a lady we got along fine as long as we had our own separate places.

Back