1. Having trouble logging in? Try closing your browser and re-opening it. If that doesn't work, try a different browser or device. The site will be updated soon to resolve these browser issues.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Want an XS400.com t-shirt? Go to the store to order. Limited sizes and quantities available.
    Dismiss Notice

My 79 xs400 build

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bennett834725, Dec 22, 2013.

1. MrStubb

MrStubb XS400 Addict

For your Kick starter you could check out the local Small Airport. There's usually a number of repair shops with at least some talent in Heliarc welding there. I'd be looking for Cyl Head shops I think they'd have the best talent and they'd be able to remachine the boss up to size.

2. i already sealed it off and going eletric start for now and got another xs400 engine im rebuilding atm lol

3. so i received my new rear set shifter kit hoping to get them installed this week if i get some time :D

Attached Files:

4. Sesty

Sesty H.E. Pennypacker

nice blanket!

rear sets are nice too

5. lol thanks and its the wifes blanket not much into sports and ye they are nice minus the fact that i have to modify them a little bit to work

6. Sesty

Sesty H.E. Pennypacker

are they the Loaded Gun Customs ones? what did you have to do?

7. no they are for a cb650 lol but the shifter arm and brake arm have the same amount of splines as the xs400, its a ebay kit i ordered but it will work just fine on it and only paid 50 for the kit

8. Scorpio1963

Scorpio1963 XS400 Guru Top Contributor

Those will look nice on your bike,I have been looking around for a set just like those but I didnt check ebay:doh:

9. xschris

xschris XS400 Guru Top Contributor

There is lots of good stuff on ebay:wink2:

10. Well they are nice but do have their flaws like the shifter arm is crappy welded but I can fix that but over all I would rate them a 8 out of 10

Posted via Mobile

11. got my shifters mounted up today along with the header and tip :D

Attached Files:

12. xschris

xschris XS400 Guru Top Contributor

13. bcware

bcware Well-read Top Contributor

Where was this kit from anyway? it seems to fit the splines perfectly.

14. That's the funny part it's not for a xs400 it's for a 82 honda cb650 lmao they fit perfectly I did some research before I bought them and found out they both have the same spline count :thumbsup::D

Posted via Mobile

15. bcware

bcware Well-read Top Contributor

Hey, good job. A lot of people will like to know about that kit fitting!

How did you end up attaching them to the passenger peg area? Did you cut the bolt off the frame or do they thread right on?

16. I cut off the bolt and then drilled it out is will post another picture of that and I will find a link to the kit I ordered :thumbsup:

Posted via Mobile

17. Here is how it's mounted up

Posted via Mobile

Attached Files:

18. here is the exact kit i ordered i had to modify the shifter arm a little bit to accommodate the chain housing but it wasnt that hard

19. Scorpio1963

Scorpio1963 XS400 Guru Top Contributor

Is there a link that's not showing up,I don't see anything:shrug:
    Nice job on the shifter looks great