my own thread for my build..Cory's xs 400 4R4

corytburkhart

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
motor is out as of last week .. i work in an awesome machine shop.. so since my kickstart journal is broke into i'm going to take the bottom case off and weld the aluminum!.. also i have two header bolts that are broke off ... one is still flush the other has a tap broke off inside off it :banghead:.................

NOTE: to anyone who has touble with the exhaust flanges not fitting..
if the inside bolts are belt a little like mine were or the flanges aren't fitting well, you are much better off drilling the flange holes out a little so they fit than ending up with another major problem!!!

i still have alot of work to do and i could use all the knowledge i could get, i'm obsessed with this damn bike and plan to have it finished before the end of febuary!

ps. this bike will have a very unique seat fabricated and upolstered by none other than me!

oh can someone post the link on the "how to split the case"? don't wanna make anymore mistakes:)

How the hell do I post pictures???? ...I can't from my phone or a computer because when I click on the upload photo button above it just asks for a URL or link ...:wtf:

Posted via Mobile

if the inside bolts are belt a little like mine were or the flanges aren't fitting well, you are much better off drilling the flange holes out a little so they fit than ending up with another major problem!!!

exactly what I did to mine worked a treat:thumbsup:

good luck with your build!

you go to your album and copy the link of your image: Move the mouse to the image and use the right mouse pad for copying.

Insert it with yellow icon (Insert image).

Thanks guys! ...........just bought a really cool headlight! Well its not really a headlight but I'm making it into one! ..its an old stainless steel sparking water bottle with a glass bottle inside of it! The bottom of the stainless is open exposing the glass and measuring slits on both sides exposing the glass should look kick ass as well!!

album.php

Go to this site

http://imgur.com/

select computer from top right and upload your picture.

once done you should get a screen with the photo, and a heap of links on the right.

choose the one that looks like this, and paste into the message box.
pd8Mx.jpg

As you can see I added a * between the HTTP to stop the link working.

Here it is with the star removed
pd8Mx.jpg

Lol motorbike inside, so jealous!

Also, good to see you've got the pictures working. But I see your adding one too many set of tags, you only need one per picture.

Look forward to seeing more! :)

Yes the only problem is I still haven't sat down and figured out how to from my phone only .........been busy for a week or two and I'm taking the bottom case off now ....how well does it seal back up? Theres not a gasket right? Does anyone know a bolt tightening pattern and torque on the bolts??

Haven't got a lot done in a sense.. so I removed the bottom case and clutch and all the gears and tranny gears.. then I removed all of the transmission components the oil pump and everything from the bottom case.. I've sandblasting bottom case it's very clean! ... I somehow got sidetracked and started on my tank, you know that goofy looking lip that runs along the bottom of the tank where it is pressed together? Well I basically die grinded that all off and split the tank into, learn how to tig weld and then TIG welded it back into a round tank...also decided to reuse my shocks and sand blasted them clean

(Pain in the ass to post anything from my phone)..... now back to the kickstart journal, since I have the case clean I decided to teach myself how to weld aluminum a little bit. After a while practicing I found the courage to attempt the journal. A little scary when I started welding, the cast aluminum was melting like a lava unlike the new aluminum I was practicing on.. ended up using stick to build up around it and fused it into the old just a little but I periodically let it cool off so the face didn't get warped.... I've been taking pictures I'm going back in today to work some more that's all for now

Back