NEED ADVICE on either rebuild motor or buy a new engine

EJ8TrapKing

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I personally don't know any better on rebuilding a motor, but if I purchase a new motor, it is pretty much guaranteed to run. So my question is should I keep the motor or sell it for a newer model engine? and what newer model engine would fit into an 81 xs400sh frame?

The only engine that will fit in an xs400 frame is a xs400/360( xs250 in some other countries). Unless you modify the frame to fit another model.

NVM I did this post in the morning as a thought and couldn't crank up till noon because my neighbors are Aholes, but I got it running and it is absolutely raw.

You need to cut the mufflers off and start your bike up at 3am.Let your neighbors call the cops by the time they get there nothing will be going on.

I dont put up with crap from neighbors.I make all noise I want till 11pm which alot of times I do cause Im usualy working on something..I have a neighbor whos a night person.His livingroom is on my bedroom wall.I asked him nicely if he would keep his music down after 11pm so I can sleep.Well he slept and forgot.So I bought a 100watt sub box and put it on his wall and cranked it and let it sing all day shaking his walls.He got the hint eventualy.If figured if he wasnt going to let me sleep well he wasnt either.

Back