Need advice on rear shocks

cjxs

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Right now I have pair of Taiwanese 365mm shocks which are extremely stiff even under my 100kg (220lbs) weight. My back is starting to hurt. Can anyone advise a pair of similar 360-365mm decent shocks?

I was trying to find something on Hagon, but they do not have a search by size feature, only by make and model of your bike and they do not seem to list the actual mm size.
Same with Progressive suspension (though a bit pricey).

Would be very grateful for any input!

I know progressive are good shocks, but they are kind of pricey. When I get stiffer shocks, (fat boy here) I'll probably go with the progressive.

Yes, Hagons are good. Well, good enough. ;) They're rebuildable too. Wait, are your current shocks rebuildable? If so, change the oil weight/spring rate.

From what I can tell, Hagons come in 10mm increments, so just call them up and tell then you need a 360mm overall length shock. I'm 99.9% sure they'll have something to fit your needs.

I've been looking and I don't find much out there. I have heard a lot of good things about Hagons vs. Stock, but ha no experience with them... I did find some nice really expensive ones, but not many in my price range. Are those the Dime City 14.5" shocks you have on there now? if not where did you get them? I want the rear end up by a couple inches, but I don't want this harsh of a ride....

Thanks guys, I forgot I could really call Hagon and ask, I'll do that today. The ones I have are from this website, I usually try to order from the UK, the shipping is faster then from the US. The shocks might be the same.
I was starting this topic hoping someone found another solution, not just hagon or progressive. Well, I'll see what hagon has to say today.

Code:
They're rebuildable too. Wait, are your current shocks rebuildable? If so, change the oil weight/spring rate.

Were you talking about the stock shocks on our bikes or something else?

When it comes to shocks that old adage of "You get what you pay for" is very applicable. You don't pay much you don't get much.
Spend the extra now then you won't have to spend it later after you get poor results with the cheap stuff.
Leo

Hello cjxs.
I noticed you mentioned you had 365mm length rear shocks on your bike.
Any issues with chain rub on the swingarm?
I was thinkin of changing my stock shocks to 400 mm but am unsure about the chain swingarm issue.
Any ideas wether the 400mm shocks will b ok?
I think hagon do shocks specific to bike models but will alter length for small charge.

The chain only rubs the swingarm just a bit only when I'm off the bike, but totally fine when I'm on it, never heard it touch. Not sure about 400mm though.

Back