Need Ideas for new taillight

I just installed this one on my bike today. Can take pics tomorrow. Was easy, just drilled 4 holes into the fender and bolted it right up. I mounted it so that the license plate covers the holes in the fender from the original fender

Posted via Mobile

Hey Racer,

I think that light works well on cafe bikes and that trumpy looks cool. Are you using the original seat and fender? How about posting a pic of your bike so we know what you are starting with.

Posted via Mobile

I mounted mine in a hurry yesterday so it's a little crooked but ill fix that when I replace the fender( mine has a huge dent under the license plate. But I wanted you to get the idea

Posted via Mobile

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 374
Hey Racer,

I think that light works well on cafe bikes and that trumpy looks cool. Are you using the original seat and fender? How about posting a pic of your bike so we know what you are starting with.

Posted via Mobile

I have pics of my bike on my public profile. I will be using my original seat, just shaving it down alot lower and rewrapping with a new seat cover (last owner's homemade job ain't cutting it.) The stock fender will probably stay, just wanna clean it up some.

I mounted mine in a hurry yesterday so it's a little crooked but ill fix that when I replace the fender( mine has a huge dent under the license plate. But I wanted you to get the idea

Posted via Mobile

Looks good njcafe. Are you going to conceal your wires? Looks alot less cluttered then the original clunker taillight. I think I will have to order the one I originally planned on getting. Step by step I'm getting closer to getting it road worthy...:bike:

Im just going to run the wires under the seat. Im not so worried about seeing some of the wire because I like my bike to look old and vintage. Its 35 years old and I like her to show her age.

Back