Need loads of help!

Hum... I'm sure it's all pretty interesting. I'm working on updating my Maxim too. Of course, I can't tell what you're doing, because I can't see your pictures...

But my top speed is about 150 km/h too, and there are clearance issues if you switch to clip ons (which I'm going to fix on mine...)

actually havent started yet, its in pieces. did you try clicking on the link to my photobucket? gotta wait till school is over and when i have a bunch of time to spare.

Let me take a crack at this. Start quotes:

alright! here we go. things that need to be done and a drawing of what i hope my bike will look like.

IMG_0082.jpg

starting with the forks.

fix seals, get gaitors, clip on handle bars pushed through lowering the front, fabricate some sort of fork brace with small fender.

new speedo tach, maybe just speedo, move switches from handle bars to center mainly high low beam, kill switch, and choke. delete engine start switch and replace with a key ignition that can start my engine, find a handle bar honk button and left right switch.

new clutch throttle and brake thingies.

fabricate something to replace the grab bar to act as battry storage and electronics ratsnest. make a new hump to go over that. and make a seat!

replace monoshock with a better one with chrome spring as it is going to be showing

try to figure out where i can get spoked wheels.

Spray white and powder blue, satin finish.

engine

rebuild and paint black with satin blue on the crank case for letters and lines, black for the rest.

i like this setup for the throttle

14132.jpg

i was thinking of covering all the holes in the triple tree with something like this

4962553312_246c3f66e8.jpg

or

triumph_thruxton_custom4.jpg

funny thing is i cant weld or anything so i have no idea how im gonna do the rear hump support and the fork brace.

wish me luck!

no such thing as can't, find people who can and be their bestest friend.

When I started I knew nothing and by necessity talked to anyone who were into bikes and asked them questions about suppliers who welded/painted etc.

Make mistakes, fix them and make more mistakes (its an art)

Go to bike shows make friends, its a great hobby and that is all part of it :D

your off to a great start already, you know what you want to do :)

Spent the day cleaning my frame, the last dood who had my bike greased the chain and well... there was about a pound of grease caked on the frame. its still dirty so ive decided to go get the thing sand blasted and be done with it. de tabbed the frame with a grinder and a hammer :). cut a little deep on two of the tabs so im gonna have to find a way to hid it. (filler ;)) i think im gonna finish the frame and body before i start on the engine, that way i have something to sit on and look pretty.

how would you know if you had to replace bearings? i shoulda checked compression :banghead: then i would know if i needed to replace rings
For the plane bearings, a visual inspection is good enough. Usually one set is more worn than the other, so comparing them should be fine.

Welding is super easy to learn, you can be doing decent welds after an hour of practice (one of those art/skill type things). I hate oxy/acetylene though; you have to get the mix just right and the regulators are always too finicky. I use either a MIG or TIG (arc) welder depending on how thick the metal is. MIG is great for multi-purpose since it doesn't kill the thinner metals. Here's one on the Vancouver boards for ya! :thumbsup: http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/van/tls/2945719854.html

Back