New from Boise

Civicalized

XS400 Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I have been on the forum for a few weeks now but haven't posted yet. Gotten a few ideas so far but not sure what exactly I want to do with my bike. I am a first time owner and just bought a 1982 XS400 Heritage Special. The thing "didnt run" when I bought it but its amazing what some simple maintenance can do. It now runs great and have been riding it any chance i get (weather here is crappy). I am not sure how a lot of you are, but when I buy something I cannot wait to change things about it. I usually work on cars (daily driver is a '65 Ford F100, wife gets the '04 Ram. Current project is a 1963 Rambler American, and next up is a 1949 Dodge Coronet) I look forward to getting your guys' input throughout my build.

207567_10150147183357830_500477829_6624272_3958893_n.jpg

damn man. thats a CLEAN bike. im not much into the resto portion, but that bike might make me want to restore it. just based on how clean the starting point is. welcome to the forum man, cant wait to see what you do with it.

I sent money to my uncle a few years ago,to buy a '65 Ford F100 short box off of craigslist(phoenix)....guy had a flip nose on it with a 429-c6 auto race trans....needed paint and interior spruced up...$2800......sent the money ...guy said he would get back to me after the local car show the next day....never heard from him again.
So I had my uncle buy /ship a '69 F250 camper special instead....still wish I had picked up that '65...would have been a sweet hot rod!!

Yeah I love my Ford. It has its issues (fuel gauge doesn't work, odometer doesn't work) but it is a lot of fun. There are a handful of old trucks around here and I get a lot of waves from them, which is cool, but the thing sucks up the gas like there is no tomorrow. We have higher gas prices compared to most the US so it isn't practical to always be driving, hence the motorcycle.

Back