New member fork tubes

junior77

XS400 New Member
Reaction score
Hello to all, i am the proud owner of 77 xs400, i have spent three years checking out all metric bike sites, never joined any of them. just read read read, & this is the one that seemed the most suited for me. at first i didn't even own a bike. "then i was hooked" and looked at all the potential bobber platforms to start with from 1960's to the 80's.from the KZ to the triumphs and the early CB's. I almost got sucked in to the xs650 scene. i will admit alot of the 650's are some ridiculously delicious lookin machines, but i wanted something that hasn't been done to death already. then. . . . one day i just fell in love with the xs400:bike: and it was on like donky kong. i picked up a paper, hunted on craigslist, and the next day i went & brought my baby home. i have been collecting parts that will get me to the finish. 2 sets of forks, 3 original spain akront rims, 3 drum hubs, trees, motor, ym1 tank, custom bent 7/8s bars. and because i wasnt quite sure about the ym1 tank. my cherry on the sunday is a 1960's NOS primerTANK, in the original box and plasitc, never mounted or filled with gas, off a small shop shelf from japan. i do need a new set of fork tubes. i would go on, but i think thats a good enough intro.

Back