New member from Ohio

aaronxs400

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello all! Checking in from Ohio! Long time Xs400 member. I have owned an xs400 for a decade now. Have owned 2 SOHCs and a DOHC. Although I have owned one for 10 years now, they have never seen the street. My first one, an 81, was my first dragbike. My family had a 10 second Harley Sportster dragbike, and since I was to young and to new to ride it my father purchased a low miles (1600 original) xs400. The bike ended up being the most fun thing I ever raced (even after i took over on the harley) and ran a best time of 14.81 @89.99. THe bike was nearly stock, except for a MAC header, removed centerstand, turnsignals, grab bar, used passenger pegs as rider pegs with shifter flipped for reverse shifting, and solid struts in the back. Fast forward 10 years, I am now 24, married with a 4 month old daughter. The sportster grenaded itself a few months after my father passed, I built a full on hayabusa dragbike (chrome moly frame, car tire slick, etc; still hasnt been down the track on full pass) and have been working my tail off. Well a few months ago I decided to pull the xs400 back out. The way it sits now is a modified cafe frame that was getting monoshocked with fzr400 forks and wheels. That plan has changed and it will now be a full on Altered land speed bike built for the ECTA Altered OHC Twins 400cc class. This will be my first frame build. I have all the tools, tig welder, tube bender and roller, frame jig, etc. I figured this would be a good way to learn more in depth fabrication. Well enough of my rant, Im glad to be back into the XS400 world!

Welcome to the forum, just read your post im located in Northeast Ohio. Good to hear some XS riders are around here

Back