New User, New Owner, New Motorcycle - Oil

Mine takes 2 quarts, and maybe a bit more just to get to the top line. if I replace the filter, and drop the sump, The book says 2300 cc. So go 2 quarts and 1 pint, and see where that puts you. on the window. My first oil fill after putting the motor back together, I used a 1liter water bottle, and put 2 of those in. Since a Quart is shy of a Liter, I have started just getting 2 quarts,and top it off as necessary. (I do go though a quart every 250 miles) Other post. I suppose cc is metric, so the supposation is that 1000 cc is equal to a liter. (i should probably google this factoid, but I am not) so 2000cc is 2 liters. A can of pop here in the US is generally 12 ounces, the comparable is about 250 ml. Does that help? Get your engine on a flat surface, and add till the oil is at the top line.
good luck
Tobie

Yes, I´m planing my frist trip here in Argentina, I´m going to take some pics....:thumbsup:
Other question..... How much oil need my engine? :doh: Abrazo!
Enough to fill it but not go above the max line? :wink2:
It lists it in the manuals you can download on the GARAGE section here.

Mine takes 2 quarts, and maybe a bit more just to get to the top line. if I replace the filter, and drop the sump, The book says 2300 cc. So go 2 quarts and 1 pint, and see where that puts you. on the window. My first oil fill after putting the motor back together, I used a 1liter water bottle, and put 2 of those in. Since a Quart is shy of a Liter, I have started just getting 2 quarts,and top it off as necessary. (I do go though a quart every 250 miles) Other post. I suppose cc is metric, so the supposation is that 1000 cc is equal to a liter. (i should probably google this factoid, but I am not) so 2000cc is 2 liters. A can of pop here in the US is generally 12 ounces, the comparable is about 250 ml. Does that help? Get your engine on a flat surface, and add till the oil is at the top line.
good luck
Tobie

Thenak you Tobie,
yes 1000 cc = 1 litro.
with this information I´m going to change the oil and the filter this weekend. I´m looking for Rotella, I hope find.
Muchas gracias amigo.

Back