Old guys rule!

Robsteeler66

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
I looked and didn't find any threads about age. Who is the oldest rider on the forum?
So how old are all of you? I'll go first. My 47th birthday is next month.

23! But I'm starting to feel old, starting a real career in a few weeks and exactly one year from today I'll be getting married!

32 here. Lately been feeling much much older with the new kid and all. Get on the twisties and I feel like a teenager again. :thumbsup:

65 here. On my second XS400. First one went with me from Seattle to Buffalo in 1989. Bought this one from my brother in May of this year (he's just a kid of 49). It's only got 2400 miles on it and, except for Triumph style bars that I put on, is bone stock and gorgeous. This picture was taken on his deck before I bought it and changed the bars. Keep riding guys!
Dick

Attachments

• XS400 - 1.jpg
    XS400 - 1.jpg
    286.4 KB · Views: 330
Thanks guys. I have this disease since I was 16 that prevents me from being without a motorcycle. I've tried but I just can't get through the withdrawal period before I start jonesing for another bike.

My brother found my XS 400 on CL a while back, sorted out a few minor things and then fell in love with an FZ-1 and said he was going to put the XS back on CL because he didn't need it (along with his quad and his 3-wheeler). I quickly disabused him of the need for putting on CL.

I thought I might be going to take it with a big 62, :eek: ...
... no such luck, :thumbsup:

23! But I'm starting to feel old, starting a real career in a few weeks and exactly one year from today I'll be getting married!
You will eventually recover. It is not the first year of marriage that ages you, but the period of time between engagement and ceremony.
Luckily for me, my lovely mother-in-law was very familiar with Parkinson's Law and was very supportive of a 10 week wedding planning period. My advice? Make your fiancee and future mother-in-law equally familiar with the Law and, if you are going to go through with it anyway, re-set the date for this Labour Day weekend, or Canadian Thanksgiving weekend at the latest - and, as an added bonus, it will be easy to remember your anniversary.

haha yea I know alot of bride-zillas and crazy mother in laws are out there, but my in-laws are not very involved. Also me and my fiancee are pretty similar in our wishes, small wedding and no fuss. Almost everything big is already arranged actually: venue, caterer, cake, photographer. Only need dress and suit and we're good :)

and yea putting the date on labour day or canadian thanksgiving isn't gonna help :p I'm Dutch and don't even know when those holidays are supposed to be haha but thanks for the tips anyway!

... putting the date on labour day or canadian thanksgiving isn't gonna help :p I'm Dutch and don't even know when those holidays are supposed to be haha but thanks for the tips anyway!
Well, I looked on line for a Dutch national holiday which would suit, and you don't have a single one in the second half of the bike riding year - lol.
No long weekends all summer? How do you folks survive, "mental-health-days"? :doh:

haha yea we just take vacations!

we do have alot of them in spring, though. April/May, sometimes those can be exceptionally nice days

Sorry Lou. "Oldest and still breathing" is not a title I cherish. I'd gladly trade ages.

Neat thing happened yesterday, went to the supermarket and as I was dismounting a guy who collects vintage Japanese motorcycles came over to admire mine. Gush actually. Icing on the cake.
dh

As far as age in years I'm 54 soon. But in my mind I'm still a punk. Never really grown up but the body is showing signs that I'm older than I act. Still don't know what I want to be when I do grow up.

MrStubb I feel the same way! I don't know what I want to be either! Funny how when we were kids, at least in my case, I thought I would feel different when I grew up. I still want to do stupid things...:D

MrStubb I feel the same way! I don't know what I want to be either! Funny how when we were kids, at least in my case, I thought I would feel different when I grew up. I still want to do stupid things...:D
Wanting to do stupid things is what keeps us thinking like young guys.
Not always following through is what has made us old guys.
Those we knew who always followed through, are mostly dead guys.

Back