Old guys rule!

Yep I'm kind of a Peter Pan type personality. Got involved in Flying model airplanes at around 25. Never got over things that go vroom and can shoot flame out the tail pipes. Don't get me going on Cars Classic Vintage Street Rods or Vintage WW2 Aircraft. Always been into this type of thing since I can remember. Good thing we couldn't have kids. They'd be the ones working on me to grow up.

Wanting to do stupid things is what keeps us thinking like young guys.
Not always following through is what has made us old guys.
Those we knew who always followed through, are mostly dead guys.

Yep. It's like that saying about you can be old or bold but not old and bold!:laugh:

Just thought I'd pipe in. I'm on my second 400 Maxim too, I'm 63 till Dec. Still like take'n a few chances myself. Like laying it way low when I come from a stop onto the highway and giving it some gas, going left or right! That is a bunch of fun for me! Then to hear a kid say something like 'nice bike'. Yea, he just likes the way I ride it! Besides it looks so beat! Think I washed it once this year, just the wash and wax stuff. How can I wash it, shine it when it's running good, and we have this great weather? Can't do it, got to ride!

Still riding the 400 MAxim, but just picked up a Yamaha FZ1. My neighbors says, "My neighbor's 63 and picks up a Crotch Rocket! A teenager walked by the other day as I was parked getting a soda at a Circle K, asked "is that your bike, "I said Yea". He says "All Right"! Thought that wss kind of cool...

Always cool to see an elder on a bike no matter what type of bike it is. My self I rode a small rocket bike from one of my work crew. Not impressed It was only a little 250 ninja but with my 6'4 240 lb frame Way too uncomfortable. Heck I almost couldn't get to the shifter with my folded up knees & big feet. :yikes:

Just curious. Apparently the new engine and frame (with engine as stressed member) came in 2006. I kind of like the look of the first ones more though. Sounds like you have one. :thumbsup:

Thanks. I also have an '82 1100 XS Maxim, but have never ridden it. It's in terrible shape from sitting in the weather for something like 10 years. Going to give it to my neighbor just to git rid of it, once I figure how to get a replacement title, since I misplaced mine. I was foolish and bought it off my son thinking I was helping him, but it was in worse shape than I remembered and I'm not that much of a mechanic, I'm learning. Gee, I am really rambling tonight...

MrStubb, that's kind a funny. Chuckle chuckle...

You should have seen when I got off of it. Tried to lean right but rolled left with my big foot stuck between the peg and shifter. Almost went over if it wasn't for another employee holding me up. Crappy tiny little bike made me look as if I need Training Wheels!

Back