? on xs500 engine

I went and test rode on of the those fz09's.... HOLY SHIT. That's what I want. I need to cull the garage heard and get me one of them!

All my saxes are Yamaha, and so far, all my favorite bikes have also been yami's. As a mechanic/sales/musician, I need the value offered by theses jap bikes. I had loved the Beemers when i first got on motorbikes, but talk about expensive! You buy a used anything from 2000 on, you could have bought a lighter, faster, and more inexpensive to maintain yami.... Brand new! Or buy a half dozen or ten xs400's.

I will never get rid of my 400 though.

I test ride on 2003 GXSR 600 last summer it was an awesome machine and very comfortable to ride.I discovered a flaw on the engines on the earlier models though.The oil pan gets microfractures near and around the bottom of it close to the drain plug.As much as I would like another bike I`d have to sell my xs400.I~d probably just keep it and have to be satisfied with as much $ and time and tlc I put in it starting over with something else scares me.Like I said I know my bike and have a love hate relationship with it.Im connected with it and me and the bitch have a special bond.If I came into an unexpected sum of $ I`d probably be swayed to change my mind but I cant justify 2 toys right now.

Back