Other bikes with the same spunk, but higher topspeed

willem

XS400 Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
So my buddy recently bought a 1983 Honda CB750F. In my opinion a very nice, iconic set of wheels. Riding it felt totally different from my XS400. A bit more comfortable and stable, but much less agile and a bit bulkier. I guess that's a touring bike for you..

I'm just wondering, are there any other bikes with similar spunk as our XS400's, but with a little more power? I feel like the XS is amazing and I don't think I'll ever part with it, but on the highway at 60+ mph, it does lack a little power. I would like a nimble bike (not sports, just a nice old naked bike or something a bit more enduro-like), without having to compromise on top speed. I'd say a 90 or 100 mph top would be plenty, I'm not one for track days anyways.

Anyone have suggestions? Low weight, high fun factor, but still highway appropriate?

The Suzuki GS400 from around 1981 and on were great looking bikes and with the four valve head were faster than an XS and the handling was quite impressive. great sound to them too. BTW this version was not available in the US.

Attachments

• SUZUKIGS400 004.jpg
    SUZUKIGS400 004.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 103
Back