PDF files for 1981 model Gaskets

arfstrom

XS400 Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Hi Guys, I have ordered a gasket kit some time ago, and of coarse there is no labels, or anything. I have seen a post some time ago that suggested a PDF file be posted with the variety of gaskets put up. So this is my start of that attempt. The big one, didn't scan in one shot, my thought that it could be printed out, then the person can line up the two halves on the gasket material, and draw it out/cut it out. Their should be screw holes that can help align up the imagine?

I did use a ruler to help ensure accurate measurements.
-Deleted line about "no Ideal..."

I printed out the "variety" and "alternator" in Adobe Reader at Actual Size onto 11 x 17 paper and compared them to my engineering ruler. In all theory, these measurements should come out the same on everybody's computer but you will want to check.

Attachments

• Gasket_XS400_Base of Head.pdf
    474 KB · Views: 261
  • Gasket_XS400_Clutch_Cover_part1.pdf
    409.6 KB · Views: 276
  • Gasket_XS400_Clutch_Cover_part2.pdf
    427.5 KB · Views: 266
  • Gasket_XS400_Orings.pdf
    363.3 KB · Views: 274
  • Gaskets_XS400_alternator.pdf
    403.6 KB · Views: 301
  • Gaskets_XS400_Head.pdf
    441.9 KB · Views: 280
  • Gaskets_XS400_Variety.pdf
    679.6 KB · Views: 262
Last edited:
The orings for clarification- 2 big orange are for the base of the barrels. 2 copper are exhaust. The 4 rings of equal size are for the tappet covers. The next smaller size is for the oil filler cap or the neutral sensor (these kits are all different, I've seen some with both and some without. Looks like yours only has one of the two). The next one down I think is for the oil housing bolt/relief valve. The 'tall' ring is for the oil galley on the barrels. The two little guys are for the rockers.

I think that's it, looks like a few more things are missing from that kit for a complete motor build.

Thanks, it was from a rebuild kit, i bought in 2013. or so. I had a pic of head seals, which we can not reproduce with a gasket materiel. I ported this straight from the Laboratory.

I've bought 3 of those kits and they all came with different items, don't quite know why there is discrepancies between them all.

Back