Peace of mind at last

Scorpio1963

XS400 Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
My dear cuzing has been staying with me this last week.OmG what a week it was.Long story short she went back to her temporary home this afternoon,Me and mrs finaly get to have our peace of mind back .I love my dear cousin very much but I think she could drive anyone crazy enough to where you feel like pulling your hair out.I guess its good thing I dont have much.:laugh:

CRap where do I start?For 1 shes stays up all night making noise,argued and bickered about doing things on our computers.Disrupted our lives in everyway imaginable,wanting to roam the streets after midnight when me and mrs are in bed.This lady has severe physical problems can hardly walk wanted to go out for a pack of cigs cause I smoke a different brand couldn't settle for anything less.Her life is a mess anyways and I feel sorry for her actualy because shes homeless getting bounced around from place to place and cant get any help from the social angency`s.By the time she got up at 4pm she couldn't get anything done and expected me to buy her cigs ,give her my pain killers and all kinds of things.The timing was all wrong could have had her own bedroom for her with the tv in the room but I hadn't had a chance to reorganize anything.She has no income of any kind so supporting another person on the income me and mrs have doesn't work.Last but not least she never shutup!Me and mrs are here by ourselves with just our 3 feline friends and its nice and quiet.When she came to visit she said I`d probably get tired of her and she was 100% correct.I love her dearly and shes my only family member but we cant live together.I did everything to try and help her but with no resouces available there wasn't much I could do.Shes been denied her ssd/ssi plus msda,lost her hud voucher been screwed over in everyway imaginable by the state and feds.She needs legal help but our free legal services aren't worth a dam.

I don't want to sound flip but it sounds like your relative has a mixed bag of issues. My heart go's out to those with issues like these. You're a special type of cousin to invite her to your home. Seems there are issues too numerous for you to help with. Are there meds involved addictions mental issues financial concerns? Most of which are well beyond most of our already strained budgets and knowledge. I also want to caution you. I know of friends who's daughter with issues and addictions in order to support her life style attempted to clear out their home. You and the misses are good cousins for your attempt at offering her some stability. I guess what I'm trying to say with out being heartless and blunt is please check the good silver.

yeah she has issues alot of them,considering with what she has gone through anyone would have them but its very personal so I cant share the details.She needs professional help but most importantly shes need to some how ,someway get on her feet and get a home.Shes in a impossible situation right now with no light at the end of the tunnel.All of the homeless shelters with resources are jam packed full to the brim.Even the largest shelter out in Livingston county that has the most resources is crammed and the homeless have a large tent city on the outskirts of Ann Arbor.I have my own issues in which I have a hard time dealing with extra stress of having another person stay with me.I or nobody else I know has the means to support her.If anyone has been more down on thier luck my dear cousin is one.Yes in my Opinion she made bad judgments and decisions,who hasnt right?She had a 3 bedroom house full of stuff in storage she just lost which she could have sold and would have helped her out financialy for a while.Now its gone praticaly everything she owned cause she couldnt afford the payment.I have been there myself hit rock bottom lost everything,suffered homelessness for almost a year.Through devine intervention I bounced back.I did my best to try and help her and hoped to help relocate her but since she lost all her income,hud voucher for housing and the state human resource department is playing games with her life I dont know what to do.
i wish I did. I even had her call the local tv stations for help.If I was in her situation again hell I feel pretty hopeless myself.

well an update on this situation it has turned to crisis mode.my cousin is out on the streets in the freezing cold,last night she was suicidal and 2 and half hours away from me.i gave the Romulus police her number to try and get her in a shelter but don't know if they found her or not.I have been on the phone since early this am trying to get a hold of her and dispatch to see if they found her.Something last night told me to pray for her so I did.if I may those of you who walk with faith if you pray for my
cousin Dorin that she gets the help she needs please do last I heard she was in an abandon building near Detroit.IMm worried sick don't have no clue why she left where she was I thought she was in good hands.:(

So sorry to hear things have gotten worse. I know a little of what you're going thru. Being a faithful man I have said a few prayers for your situation and will continue.

Thank you Mr stubb,I have a lot of people who walk the faith praying for her.I spent an hour and half today speaking with her to not lose hope and that she can bounce back from the situation she`s in.Its ironic that about 13 years ago I was in the a similar circumstances except I had a shattered tibia and fibia the lower 2 bones in my left leg.WE were experiencing artic cold,I was new to this city and didn't know my way around plus my gf left me to go back with her ex.All I had was $10 to my name,an old chevy that got horrible mileage and had no clue where to go for help.Long story short I found help got into a shelter.I know she has water and is eating making fires in a barrel to stay warm but is need of serious medical help.As of now all the surrounding shelters are full with a waiting list.Im going to try and go get her asap and try hard as I can to help her get on her feat again.The good thing is I have an extra bed and empty bedroom.Hopefully I can get her a tv to watch in the bedroom so if she cant sleep it wont keep the mrs and I from loosing sleep.She is in such deep despair and depressed she needs all the support she can get,with me being her only family that loves and cares about her well being I feel I have to do this.

Good news to report,my cousin is in the hospital getting some medical help.I spoke with her earlier she was in good spirits.Not sure whats going to happen I`m suspecting they will keep her for a day or two then she will come back to my place.

GOOD GOOD GOOD Happy to hear you found her and she's getting some help. You might also want to check with social services if there is some help you can get for housing her and such. It is a special person who takes anyone in out of the cold. I pray all go's well and that your cousin will find that all is not lost. It's sometimes a very humbling experience for someone to loose all and have to depend on others for their existence. And since you are the product of such despair you have a special insight on the issues. Sounds like you might be the best to help her and being a family member it becomes even more personal. Best of luck My Friend.

Me and dear cousin have a very special bond and connection,shes more like a younger sister to me than a cousin.Shes very lucky to have a family member that cares about her well being like I do.Im sure things will turn around and work out for the best for her.

Well hears an update to the situation with my cousin,shes back at my place for now.I literaly spent 12 hours yesterday on the road going to different cities gathering her stuff that was scattered at about 7 different places.I couldn't not believe the amount of stuff this woman has and how I got all in my truck.We got her own bedroom that we have to finish setting up today.Sometime this afternoon in fridgid teen weather we got unload my truck and get her basic neccssities out and then load the rest in my storage building.Then Im going to play counselor and get her working on some goals to get her back on her feat.Probaly going to take a lot of time.Going to her hooked up with some recources up here for medical help and counseling.Meanwhile she`ll have own tc and computer in her own bedroom so she can do some work on the computer.So I ask you all to help me keep my patience and help my cousin reach the goals that will be set for getting her back into her own place.Wish us both the best of luck.:laugh::laugh:

Good to hear you got everything and everyone in one place now. Good luck to you, the misses and your cousin!

If you run out of patience, just go for a little ride on the xs until you're frozen to a popsicle. That will definitely get your mind on being frozen instead of on any other issues you may be dealing with at that time :thumbsup:

By the time I get done unloading my truck in 15* with real feels of single digits I`ll probably be frozen hard as a baseball bat this afternoon.

If it's an aluminium bat, don't touch it with your tongue until at least Tuesday.
Best wishes for good luck and success with your cousin.

Back