pilot screws assemble!!!!

halfbreed4lyfe

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
Ok I've taken my carbs apart a few times because they constantly are getting clogged, however this time i noticed that on the pilot screw the rubber gaskets were shred and entangled in the sprin and the washer on one is missing while on the other it got bent and jammed in the sprin alos. Do i need this washer and gasket to run and my springs are apparently different sizes and from the feel the smaller one has a different spring constant. here are some pics before they were cleaned.
IMG_20130409_225309_zps7e0643c6.jpg

IMG_20130409_225347_zpsc90d6a62.jpg

Not so sure about that, but have you installed an inline fuel filter? They're cheap (like 3$) and keep your carbs out of trouble ;) I haven't had any clogging since I installed mine

Agreed with XSChris you need the small flat washers otherwise you will keep destroying the orings.Im surprised they arent there.Instead of ordering the parts from this high priced store going to your local bike shop or hardware store and get the orings and washers.My orings were smashed and in bad shape I found me a new set at a local store.

Holy hell I had the SOB put together backwards. No wonder everything was destroyed. Well I'm going to buy the set from MikesXS because one pin started to strip, form the first time I took them apart, using the wrong size screwdriver. A new set will do her some good. I need to up sizes on the jets as well so I can save on shipping.:thumbsup: Thanks for the help guys.

Back