Pre 1980 Mikuni Jet Part Numbers?

Sesty

H.E. Pennypacker
Reaction score
Does anyone know the part numbers for the pre '80 bleed type pilot jets? there is some good info on here for post 80 mikunis, haven't found anything on the earlier ones!

Last week i ordered new #45 pilot jets from my local yamaha shop... they gave me non-bleed type! i didn't notice until i got home today :mad:

would really appreciate it!

Upsetting... the old lady has gone over seas for 2 weeks leaving me plenty of time to play w the bike and I'm no further than when she left!

I get mine from my local yamaha dealer. They have genuine mikuni in stock when ever I get new ones. But with all the carb stuff I have I just usually soda blast the old ones.

the old guys were pretty chewed up... my shop rarely has anything for the old bikes in stock

yea i like going through my local yamaha, but today the guy tried to tell me i shouldn't be messing with my pilot jets ever .. and that its carb law to have the mixture screw 2 turns out. Tried to tell me 3 was wayyyy to far out. i thought he was messing with me.

ordered a set off z1 since it will be faster i want to get on the road.

They don't want you to modify you bike yourself:wink2: They want you to take it to them and spend the $ for them to do it. 15 years ago when I first got my xs400 the yamaha dealer told me the same thing about messing with jets and making it richer:laugh: They know better know:D

Back