Problem with kick starter staying down

Old Mose

Daily Rider
Reaction score
Recently my kick starter has starting hanging down! All it takes is a bump with my foot and it comes right back up. I did have problems in the past with it not engaging when you waned to use it, but that went away on it's own. Next time I change the oil (middle of the summer) I planned to do what ever it took to solve the problem. As of late it has starting to hang down every time I use it. Can someone share a little of their experience and tell me what I need to purchase to repair this so my bike that I ride everyday in the summer won't have to sit for a week while I wait on parts?

I would definitely take the side cover off and inspect. mine was doing the same thing, kick, and it would stay stuck down. It ended up just being "caked" in old grease and grime. cleaned it and now its back to normal operation.

Dumb Me! It's hanging on new brake pedal. Brake pedal can't go in any further so I moved the kick starter out 3/32 to clear! I don't think that will cause any problem.

There is a variety of ways to adj brake. Manual says the toe movement should be only an inch for full engagement.
So what I am saying, you could have adj 1 of 3 other points to attain the same results. I had an issue where the brake pedal was stryking the case.

Back