Quit smoking this week!

DanMach

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
I quit smoking this week, I'm a few days in.. and all I want to say is this:

This is the most awesome high ever.

Its a 'unending' (It clearly will end at some point) feeling of disassociation. I am a bit dizzy, a bit unable to focus, but just feel great.

Pretty awesome.

Oh and that breathing and smelling nice thing is a pleasant bonus.

Nice one, I quit about 6 months ago too. Its all in the head really, and a social thing too when out drinking. I can have a cigarette now with a beer and not take the habit back up. Before I would wake up everyday and have a coffee and cigarette and it was a habit, although I wasnt a hardcore smoker maybe 8 to 10 a day. It has a lot to do with your headspace at the time and social habits imo.

It was weird for me, I tried before many times to give up without sucess. This time I didnt even get a craving or miss them at all, went cold turkey too no patches or gum. I think if you dont give up you dont really want to. When you WANT to give up its easy.

Im glad I gave up thats for sure. Now when I go freediving I can stay underwater for longer which means I get more fish.

Incidently, when I was in europe recently I was surprised how many people smoked....just EVERYONE. And they still can smoke indoors at venues, over here its banned. I went to a resteraunt and it even had cigarettes on the MENU??!! wtf:laugh:

Keep it up you wont look back once you got a handle on it!

I gave up breathing this morning...

it only lasted about a minute and I gave in, no will power :shrug:

I quit smoking this week, I'm a few days in.. and all I want to say is this:
Lou don't try and boss me around! I have the RAAAAAAAAGE! lol.
. . . Oh and ... smelling nice ... is a pleasant bonus.
Belated congrats Dan. So glad you were able to quit.

Hope it sticks - I would hate to have you showing me around on my next trip to PHX only to get us kicked out of all the biker bars because of their strict no-smoking policy.
Now that you smell nice again, they will no doubt roll out the red carpet for us! :thumbsup:

Lol you got it. Next time you come through phoenix shoot me a pm and we can get together.

I'll be 7 days clean tomorrow morning at 5am. Its not so bad now. Its mostly a weird battle of will power. Part of me wants to smoke, the other part of me doesn't understand why I want to smoke. lol

Congrats Dan! Took me a bunch of tries but was finally able to quit 5 years back. Totally worth it... more power to you!

--Aaron

Good luck mate. It has been 6 years for me and I haven't looked back.

How about as a reward, lets say you spend $30 a week on smoking then every 2 weeks you don't smoke you go out and buy yourself a nice bottle of scotch or whatever you drink.

Went for my first ride on the new tires! Felt weird to be on properly rounded tires again lol....
How about as a reward, lets say you spend $30 a week on smoking then every 2 weeks you don't smoke you go out and buy yourself a nice bottle of scotch or whatever you drink.
:cheers: OMG. Given the tax structure I remember in PHX, and the brand of Bourbon we're guessing Dan drinks (Jim Beam?) if he spends $30 a week on whiskey and doesn't stock-pile it, he won't be able to sit up straight on the xs400.
I'm just glad he's finally decided to try riding on round tires for a change! :wink2:

Back