Rear shock replacment

Shum91

XS400 Member
Reaction score
New to site, i have a 1980 xs400,looking for some advise on rear shock replacment, want to use some resivor style rear shoks, like mx360 shoks or newer style, building a cafe racer. Also looking for advise for a rearsets and cafe seat

Sorry this is the first time i've be on a forum, hi all new to this, did not mean to be rude, sorry

Sorry this is the first time i've be on a forum, hi all new to this, did not mean to be rude, sorry
No problem man. We are just trying to get people in the habit of posting an intro of themselves and their bike(s) first and then asking their questions. We love helping people here...we just want an intro in return, you know?

Things like...
-where you're from
-how long you've been riding
-married/kids
-social security number (hahaha just kidding!!!!)

Just a little info man, that's all

Ok sorry, i've been riding 15 years, had a 76' cb360 for my first bike.
Had a bike before a car, current bikes suzuki dr650 for commuting, and the
xs400 building into a cafe racer, love working on the bikes. Sorry won't
let it happen again.

Ok sorry, i've been riding 15 years, had a 76' cb360 for my first bike.
Had a bike before a car, current bikes suzuki dr650 for commuting, and the
xs400 building into a cafe racer, love working on the bikes. Sorry won't
let it happen again.

yer OK Shum91

there are some chinese resevoir shocks doing the rounds ATM on ebay or I seen those redwing shocks been re-manufactured

Rassk do rear sets for xs400's

omar's or hot wing glass do seats :thumbsup:

just want to appolagise to everyone for being rude earlyier, not really like me,welcome to the site Shum91, the info from the guys on here is like a fountain of knowledge! sorry again, Im all pissy cause its to cold out to work on my bike!!

Any one make there own rearsets, i' been looking at alot of different
sreasets to see if i can retro fit anything.

Hi Im sort of new but i never introduced myself only been riding for 5 years, no wife or kids. had a 1985 xl185, 2007 drz400 supermoto and i built a bobber out of my 1981 xs400 last winter. Sorry for not doing this sooner, hope i didn't offend anyone.

Hi Im sort of new but i never introduced myself only been riding for 5 years, no wife or kids. had a 1985 xl185, 2007 drz400 supermoto and i built a bobber out of my 1981 xs400 last winter. Sorry for not doing this sooner, hope i didn't offend anyone.

no offence taken mate, just netiquette!

welcome to the site

Back