removing front fork emblem

Petew

XS400 True Believer
Top Contributor
Reaction score
As the title says, I am trying to remove the "brace with the logo" from the front forks of my 80G. I am pretty sure it has been discussed here before but I cannot put together the correct search phrase...help? or...do the front forks just slide through them? It appeared to me to have a securing bolt to the fork leg. Thanks for answering another new guy question...

There are a couple of bolts on each side, then you should be able to take the top triple clamp off and slide it up and off. It's on there pretty tight with rubber grommets so some soapy water might help it move easier.

There are a couple of bolts on each side, then you should be able to take the top triple clamp off and slide it up and off. It's on there pretty tight with rubber grommets so some soapy water might help it move easier.
Thank you, I am getting ready to pull the fork legs out and I started looking at things. I don't want to screw anything up. I don't plan on keeping it but I was worried about buggering the legs.

Can't really bugger things up too much because you'll be sliding the piece up and off the stanchion tubes away from the portion that moves in and out of the lower forks. Mine were a little rusty under the headlight mount, but a little WD40 and some 00 steel wool and it looked like new again.

Back