Same turn signal problems...

Johnny Gobbs

XS400 Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody,
So on my '79 xs400 I replaced the turn signals and headlight. After reading other threads here And following others instructions in still having issues. When I first installed the lights the would light up but not blink, after seeing another thread recommending a flat blade flasher from superbrite leds I tried that route(plugging one blade into the brown and the other into the brown and white) and the signals wouldn't even light up. So I got a tridon ep34 flasher and grounded it to the frame, now the signals flash and are flashing super fast! Can anyone offer any other help? Thanks!
John

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    119.3 KB · Views: 179
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    138.4 KB · Views: 207
Isn't EP34 supposed to be a fixed-rate flasher? Should flash at a pretty normal rate if wired correctly. Looks like you have the right pin grounded but I can't quite tell what's going on with the other two pins.
It doesn't look like it, but is the auto-canceller still installed? That yellow/green wire normally goes to the auto-canceller. The auto-canceller is pretty finicky and won't work with aftermarket flasher relays so it needs to be removed. With the canceller removed that yellow/green wire dead-ends.

What's the wattage on the flashers you have installed?

I discovered the problem. Bad flasher! Went back to the store and bought another one and problem fixed! Thanks for responding. Now on to that headlight...

Back