Scored again

Right now it looks better then the project bike...May end up the Café bike instead. Took a short break from putting the rear wheel back on the project bike so I can move it and then unload the 79 from my truck, wash it and get it into the garage so I can do a real close inspection..One thing I like is it has an 18" rear wheel, being the mag wheels, so it has the disc brakes...The project bike has the spoke wheels....Hmmmmm. Spad

I have a 1979 XS400-2F and i kinda wish i had spokes and drums.. It would get rid of all hydraulic cables and save money on fluids and rotors and save the issues with calipers haha
Getting into the rear master cylinder looks like its going to be a pain the arse since it sits under the battery box, so i can't take the lid off to top it up without taking out the battery and box (and air filters if you left those on).

But then again spokes are a pain to keep clean up...

I guess different strokes for different folks but I always like the mags,They have an extra benefit over the spoked wheel that they will always stay true.Even on spoked bycyle wheels I could never true them.Must take a talent I don't have:shrug:

I have a 1979 XS400-2F and i kinda wish i had spokes and drums.. It would get rid of all hydraulic cables and save money on fluids and rotors and save the issues with calipers haha
Getting into the rear master cylinder looks like its going to be a pain the arse since it sits under the battery box, so i can't take the lid off to top it up without taking out the battery and box (and air filters if you left those on).

But then again spokes are a pain to keep clean up...

I thought you had an 79 F? The 2-F has the spokes and drums:confused:

would make for a great resto project as well, that 79....

just sayin' ;) sometimes it's better to keep it stock, and buy a crappier one to chop up (or use the current project bike)

I thought you had an 79 F? The 2-F has the spokes and drums:confused:

oh yeah, i do lol I got confused haha Mags and discs crew checking in lol Thanks Chris haha

Spad - That bike looks so nice, i love that gold and blue scheme, looks way better then my bike which is like black and rust lol But i like the tank on the first bike for a cafe racer style, and i would prefer the spokes for it as well, provided they aren't rusted.. I don't know which bike runs better but if it was me and my goal was to have a really awesome cafe racer i would put the red tank on whatever bike runs better (or has the potential to run better) and that would be the project bike.

REcreate, you reflect my thoughts...I kinda like the black bikes with gold lettering,ha....Searching for café seat is an ongoing project, especially since the 360 tank is shorter and I am a tall guy and want the seat part where my fanny sits to be just a little behind the shock mount...Fun project:bike:...Spad

Back