Scored again

Well I know they do, but rarely.

Idk, I don't have Internet at the house and on the school network there's security shields galore so I never worry a bit.

But yeah i never worry about getting then on my Mac.

I'm not real technologically savvy but I diddnt think it would be possible to get one through a pm, but I may be wrong. I just figured not as the sites on (or should be on) a secure server.

Don't know where it came from. I have all kinds of security....But it was a bad one... Could be attached to something I opened. I have an idea, but felt the best thing was to just not open anything for a short while till I get my main computer back on line...It was one that shut off my security with out me knowing it, still the security was showing on..This is a vicious one, so back tracking I think it came in on an e-mail...So best not to even answer a PM as it might be in there too and don't want to send it on..We have it cleaned out of this computer and all security is OK ...Spad

Macs get virus's too...

The hell they do! I've been a Mac consultant and trainer for 14 years and can tell you with 100% certainty that there are no viruses on the Mac OS.

There is some malware that uses 3rd party software like Java or Flash (yes, crap software also exists for Mac OS), and some Trojans (ignorant users exist everywhere), but there are NO viruses that attack the Mac OS.

Now back to the topic...

Mac os and windows are the two most popular os`s for computers and pc`s.All of them are volunerable .
Linux is the best theres so many versions virus writers don't waste their time.

Mac os and windows are the two most popular os`s for computers and pc`s.All of them are volunerable .
Linux is the best theres so many versions virus writers don't waste their time.

Uh huh. And would you care to put that into perspective? The number of Viruses, Trojans, etc that there are for each platform? Because that will tell the true story.

To be clear, you should have said that Windows is vulnerable. Mac OS has a few weakness', and nobody cares about Linux at this time so it is probably safe. UNIX is strictly for the nerds, and has only a few vulnerabilities (FYI: Mac OS is UNIX based). Linux has its vulnerabilities, just like the Mac OS does. It is third party software and Trojans. The difference is that the Linux install base is even smaller than Mac OS, making it an even less interesting target for hackers.

Personally use osx, windows, and ubuntu. Only using the windows machine because its required for a lot of my major specific software. I'd use the mac for everything if I could, absolutely love it. Never had a virus or serious crash. The windows machine....not so much. And ubuntu is really just for my curious tinkering:thumbsup:

To add to the off topic - I have been a mac only user for the past 8 years and have never once installed any type of virus protection, or spyware protection or anything, and i have never once thought "Maybe this website will give me a virus?" or "maybe i shouldn't click that " and i have NEVER had any issues at all.

I am confident that i can do anything i want online, click anything, open any spam email and not have an issue.. AND i don't have to worry about update a million virus scan and malware softwares every month, or mess with fire walls or whatever else.

Back on topic! -
SPAD - does that red tank freely mount to both frames? or is it set up differently so its not compatible ? (curious because i want one lol)

Mac users are legion defending them, they do get malware, Trojan viruses, says so above!:yikes::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: Now onward, the 360 tank is shorter then the 400 tank...The 360 tank fits forward just fine, and sits on the frame OK. You will just have to make some kind of extension on the rear tank fastener to use the 400 frame one or fabricate something on the frame...Spad

Came upon hard times, got very sick and am now just able to get out in the garage and get back to work on the 79...More pic when I get going. Spad

Back