screw list for xs250/360/400

drewpy

Excess twin
Top Contributor
Reaction score
saw this on ebay and it linked to another web page. It lists all the screws for the engine, sizes etc. should be useful and saves measuring eveything

here:thumbsup:

the yamaha part # will tell you the size also
honda #'s read like this 93500-060-400A) SCREW,CROSS 6X40

Attachments

• case.PNG
    case.PNG
    127 KB · Views: 273
Last edited:
I have to measure and buy all the non allenhead bolts on the cycle,so I'll not have to carry a lot of tools with me,just a set of allenwrenches,screwdriver,etc.Local Fastenal dealer has them,fairly pricey for bolts,but are bronze or black[can't tell],so no painting of hexhead boltheads.Bolts on the engine are all allenhead,so all I need is stuff not on drawings. lha

the yamaha part # will tell you the size also
honda #'s read like this 93500-060-400A) SCREW,CROSS 6X40

I know this is an old thread but I really want to bump this... maybe it should be a sticky.

I am guessing this is how the Yamaha part number breaks out the size:

91316-06065 = m6 x 65mm

I see different classes of stainless steel online in regards to cap bolts. Should we be looking for a specific grade when it comes to replacing bolts, or just sourcing new bolts for a bike we just bought that is missing fasteners :(, on the bike and engine?

I know this is an old thread but I really want to bump this... maybe it should be a sticky.

I am guessing this is how the Yamaha part number breaks out the size:

91316-06065 = m6 x 65mm

I see different classes of stainless steel online in regards to cap bolts. Should we be looking for a specific grade when it comes to replacing bolts, or just sourcing new bolts for a bike we just bought that is missing fasteners :(, on the bike and engine?

If you are looking to replace bolts with SS allen bolts there are a bunch of kits on ebay. Cost is around 35 bucks shipped I think. As for replacing other bolts I think any SS allen bolt should work. Not a lot holding these things together.

If you are looking to replace bolts with SS allen bolts there are a bunch of kits on ebay. Cost is around 35 bucks shipped I think. As for replacing other bolts I think any SS allen bolt should work. Not a lot holding these things together.
I just need some bolts period to replace some the PO took out and it seems he lost :)

Any stainless should be fine. 304 will be most common
Make sure you use an anti-seize compound on all the threads and reduce torque settings accordingly.

What ones? If you were closer I would give them to you......I have a bucket of take offs.....

Very kind of you to be willing to do that. Yeah too bad we are so far apart. At this point I dont know how much I am missing. For starters:

Three bolts for the left side crankcase cover
1 bolt for the starter cover
One bolt for the pickup coil cover

This is just the start unfortunately! :/

Any stainless should be fine. 304 will be most common
Make sure you use an anti-seize compound on all the threads and reduce torque settings accordingly.

How much for you is "accordingly"? :)

NGK says 30% when using antiseize on spark plugs

The anti-seize manufacturer may have their own spec.

A bolt kit I bought had their own specs for fastener each size.

Some say not to reduce torque at all.

25% reduction is a decent rule of thumb

Yes the bolt kits on ebay all say to drop about 25 to 35 I think. I know when I did both motors I didnt even torque them. I just snugged them and looked for leaks. thats the fastest way to get a leak over tighten the covers......and yes use plenty of anti seize......I use it on everything ;) I also swapped out most all of the bolts with SS ones also though.

Back