Sheniqua is back!

nitrofish1

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
Drewpy youll be happy to hear this. After a friend of mine rebuilt her carbs and I installed a fresh set of filters all around, also replacing the broken turn signal and headlight, Sheniqua fired right up today, no choke, no starting fluid. I am also happy to report that she has a bit more pep in her step.

But the big question is, will she do the ton now?

of course it's worth trying! :) give it a go and report back to us, if you haven't crashed.

congratz on getting it fired up btw

Just be careful, wear good gear, breathe slowly and deeply, and keep your eyes up. This is what I do when I do stunts and hasn't bitten me in the ass yet. Don't bother looking at the speedo until you feel like you've topped out, then just give it a glance. It's really not important how fast you go just that you don't screw up your day or anyone else's.

Best of luck.

Drewpy youll be happy to hear this. After a friend of mine rebuilt her carbs and I installed a fresh set of filters all around, also replacing the broken turn signal and headlight, Sheniqua fired right up today, no choke, no starting fluid. I am also happy to report that she has a bit more pep in her step.

But the big question is, will she do the ton now?

good news, should do the ton @ 9.5k revs :)

I think the press bikes got 104, head on tank "Ollie Free" style no doubt :laugh:

good news, should do the ton @ 9.5k revs :)

I think the press bikes got 104, head on tank "Ollie Free" style no doubt :laugh:

Well, if no ton attempt, I'll at least be taking her out for a good ride this sunday.

I'm telling ya though, after a year of nursing her to life with starting fluid and weak low end power, it was the best thing ever to just walk up and hit the start button and there she went. New air filters ftw :thumbsup:

So, went for a ride yesterday morning. I'm already riding skittish from dumping Sheniqua last fall, and then I find that the local roads have yet to "relax" from winter, and she's practically jumping the little bumps every 30 feet...... and I knew something was not right with the front end, it was wobbly from the start.

Get to our destination and I look down and I see that the left front fork is gushing its fluid. The inner fork tube was pitted last year, and I knocked them down with a wet sand and it was fine, now that it's sat over winter they came back and ate up the fork seal. So Sheniqua is down until I reseal that fork tube.

I also found that in order for me to even think about trying the ton, I'd have to strap my car's gps system to the bike, speedo only goes to 85ish so that'd be the only way to tell.

My father, on the same day, rode his '10 Honda NT700V into a pothole, on a banked curve, bent both his rims and flattened his front tire, rode the darn thing home still. Just was not a good day for riding.

Need to find my riding pants again..... Probably going to take a few more rides to get back into the saddle. First day after fresh filters and oil for the season I was excited and took her for a quick ride around the block and everything was fine, but the long ride yesterday I was skittish but I'm confident that I'll get back to taking her through the corners at 65 again.

Back