Sheniqua is finished

nitrofish1

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
Yep. Got most of the mechanical issues worked out and then sent her up north for my father to do a rewire over the course of a month or so. She needs a new seat upholstered though, after about an hour of riding it's hard to even remove myself from the bike :( But I am happy she is home and she'll be around for a long time.

Attachments

• ride 001.JPG
    ride 001.JPG
    166.3 KB · Views: 381
  • ride 009.JPG
    ride 009.JPG
    120.8 KB · Views: 340
  • ride 010.JPG
    ride 010.JPG
    136.4 KB · Views: 359
I guess the reason I've fallen for this bike in particular, especially when I first rode it, was that it was fast enough to put a grin on my face yet tame everywhere else (as it should be). Takes a corner very well too. I can see why it would be akin to today's sport bikes. I guess it just fit the bill on everything I was looking for out of a bike and what I wanted to do with it at this time.

On my way back to her resting place "The Meat Locker" as we've dubbed it, one of my favorite things to do is to put her in 2nd gear and roar down the line of storage units, like a sports car revving up in a tunnel. Love it. :bike:

On my way back to her resting place "The Meat Locker" as we've dubbed it, one of my favorite things to do is to put her in 2nd gear and roar down the line of storage units, like a sports car revving up in a tunnel. Love it. :bike:

I do that under the Manchester international airport.

It looks and sounds like the tunnels at Monaco, i can get a bit of speed up there so doing about 80 :D

the only ones i really like to hear is Top Gear driving the Maserati Quattroporte through the tunnels. epic sound.

On a worse note, got done riding today. I'm not sure if these events are connected or not. Left my Yamaha dealer with a set of grips for my father but forgot to turn the fuel on, as I was sitting on the side of the highway thinking it overheated, i turned the fuel on and got back to it. About 15 minutes later at a stoplight, the bike died. Did not die the rest of the trip. And about as soon as I was pulling onto the last strip of street to park her, I could hear my top end ticking away like its not supposed to :confused: i pushed the bike no further today and parked it. But it was the distinct sound of rockers hitting valves that was not there before.

Uhm. Are you saying you ran the bike on choke all the way home? because it would overheat the jugs by washing the oil out of the cylinders, causing massive overheat condition if you did....

not sure if that's what happened or not....

But if you did....don't do it again!

Uhm. Are you saying you ran the bike on choke all the way home? because it would overheat the jugs by washing the oil out of the cylinders, causing massive overheat condition if you did....

not sure if that's what happened or not....

But if you did....don't do it again!

im saying i forgot to turn the fuel on for a bit. didnt touch the choke.

Back