Shift Shaft

do you mean the lever which you operate with your foot, or the rod that sticks out of the transmission which is turned by this lever?

If it's just the shifter lever/peg thing (the one your toe touches) you can just take off the clip and slide it off.. If it's the rod I don't know. Ive read about people just bending the shifter peg back with some convincing (something involving a hammer I believe).

If you are talking about what I think you are talking about, I think you have to tear the whole engine town, crack the case and pull out the old shaft (rod) and replace it. Then reassemble the whole motor. Or if your lucky it can be done by just pulling off both engine side covers I cant remember. But once your in there all you need to do is remove one circlip to take out the shaft (rod). All I know for sure is the circlip is on one side, then the rod is simply pulled out the other side.

All you have to do is remove the clutch cover then clutch basket. Then the c-clip at the other end and it slides out.

Attachments

• DSC02077.jpg
    DSC02077.jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 486
  • DSC02078.jpg
    DSC02078.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 417
sorry to post on an old post, but my shift shaft is stripped about and I've been looking on eBay for new ones and they are relatively expensive. I am wondering if anybody knows if the years are similar? I have a special 4R5 engine.

Back