Silver bullets

Scorpio1963

XS400 Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
You guys may have remembered I brought up a fish in my topic about how many of us are fishermen and I mentioned a species called steelhead.I have been out lately and caught a couple also lost a couple but here some pic of my catch.

Attachments

• 7lb febuary steelhead.jpg
    7lb febuary steelhead.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 232
  • yesterdays steelhead.jpg
    yesterdays steelhead.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 221
have you got a smoker? They look ideal for smoking, if you want a great brining process watch this video and the other parts:

I have used this dry brining process with PERFECT results! Very tasty indeed :)

Yeah thats where they are going in the smoker.I have my secret brine recipie and they taste like ham when they are done.I cook these fish all sorts of ways as long as dont burn them you always have a great tasting fish.The ones I have been catching lately have been small by comparison.Normaly they average 10-12lbs with the occasonal 15lber caught.Since I have been fishing my home river I have manage to land 2 15lbs or larger.Thats a trout thats 33-35 inches long.

You ought to see the expression on their face when they hit the bank.They start flopping around beating their faces up like crap I been caught put me out of my misery now:laugh:Especialy when i catch salmon,they are realy pissed

I also forgot to mention that both the last trout i caught were hens and not bucks.The Bucks have very colorful redish cheeks and long kyped jaw.I`ll post pics of the next one I catch or one in my archives if i can find them.The great thing about catching mature hens is I get more bait out of them(spawn) so i can catch more.

Heres a steelhead I caught yesterday

Attachments

• another pic of yesterdays fish.jpg
    another pic of yesterdays fish.jpg
    216.7 KB · Views: 203
  • side of rainbow.jpg
    side of rainbow.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 220
Haven't been fishing for years but I'd like to. Thought I'd be more able to with so many lakes near me where we moved to. BUT since the move life has delt us some less than plesant blows . Kinda feels like things are turning around finally and I may be able to "Soak a Worm" this year. With lakes so close It'd be kinda fun to bike over to one catch lunch or dinner bike back home & have a meal. Any one have an Idea how to carry a few fishing rods on our bikes??

If they are 2 piece they can be put into tubes and strapped down on the side of the bike.I`ll be riding my bike to some fishing holes this spring so I`ll let you know what i come up with.Oh I dont take a tackle box with me I travel light all my other gear rides along in my fishing vest.

An addition to this years silver bullet fishing.I caught this 9lber today:thumbsup:

Attachments

• thursdays steelhead 9lbs.jpg
    thursdays steelhead 9lbs.jpg
    303.5 KB · Views: 189
  • thursday steelhead on the grill.jpg
    thursday steelhead on the grill.jpg
    249.6 KB · Views: 193
Back