Single or dual filaments?

What year of xs do you have I just did led signals on my 79 and instead of resistors I took out the original flasher relay and put in a electronic led flasher I got off ebay for a dollar when I can get in my computer I can explain more how I wired it the only thing u won't have anymore is the auto cancel feature

A duel filament bulb is used for 2 actions of emitting light for example on a vehicle taillight your tuning light is a dull red then when u push the break that same lite gets brighter if that makes sense you only need single filament signals

Dual filament bulbs are for dual filament sockets. They MAY work in a single filament socket, depending on the size and configuration of the socket, but they are just as likely to not work. If you do transition to LEDS, it can be done without resistors, as noted by dizzle but some years may have an additional issue of backfeed thru the signal indicator light in the console that causes all 4 signals to flash whenever a signal is activated. That issue is also easily resolvable with 2 diodes and a pigtail in the wiring inside the headlight assembly.

I was looking at blinkers on dime city and the ones I want come as single filament or dual filament. This is what is confusing me. Im not sure which I needs to buy in order to just bolt them onto my bike as a stock replacement. Not trying to get any more complicated than that.

To use LED turn signals you don't need resisters, you need a new flasher that is LED compatible.
Leo

Back