soon to be xs owner

Yeah Chris I hear ya but this is not a Clist or ebay find. Its a guy that I work with so I trust him plus im going to look at it before I buy so I get to determine if it is mint or not. I really like how these bikes look as cafes. I really like hondas ans the cb 550s but everybody builds cb550 cafes. Like I said before I love the mag wheels and i think I can build a pretty bad ass cafe out of this xs.

Welcome to the site airn. Since you are relatively new you probably have not seen this post from several months ago.

http://www.xs400.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5859

Even though the bikes you are looking at may not be neglected time alone can do some funny things to machinery so a lot of what is in that post will still apply.

I would go with the XS. It sounds like it is all there, they are fun and relatively inexpensive bikes to maintain, and you have a great support network right here.

Whats the top speed on these bikes?I plan on taking it on the highway for a short stint.

about 100 sceaming the hell out of it and hoping you don't die!!i DON'T recomend it.talk the wife into 2,one for you and one for her:thumbsup:

79 ftw i payed $125 for mine but it came with the added problems trying to find the parts to get her back to stock

it can be done and last month got mine on the road again for the first time in 13 years
last inspection sticker was 1999

if it is all there and is in mint as the owner says for $700 i would get it :thumbsup:

and remember clean them carbs good :laugh:

Back