Wanted - Source for new seat/seat cover 82 XS400RJ

MAG-XS400RJ

XS400 Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for something as near original as possible. I am tracking ebay, there have been a couple of used ones, but I was hoping there would be something NOS. I'm fine with replacing the cover only as the seat/foam are still in good shape.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

An RJ with an SOHC seat would be pretty hideous looking, not to mention it won't even fit in the first place.

No thanks - I found a very good condition seat on ebay. Incredibly at a reasonable price with shipping. Wolfe_11B does make a good point - the "RJ" is a bit of an odd bird, even here. Anytime I go looking for parts I should hammer home that this is for the DOHC bike...

Thanks for the offer though!

I appreciate your respectful response. I am new to the forum and on my first bike build. I have a lot of parts from a clean bike that I thought people could use. I have plenty of money for parts and don't need to spend the time and effort to sell mine. If responses like the one from Wolfe whatever are the norm, I will remove myself from the forum, chuck the parts in the trash and not waste my time.

take care

If you have good parts to sell start a thread with pics and prices of what you have so there is no confusion:)

Pictures are worth a thousand words, for instance this is a 1982 with the DOHC engine (I believe), but does NOT have the seat I needed

http://www.xs400.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6296

Is this a Maxim? I have a XS400RJ Seca and I can tell from from this picture it's not the same seat. So my saying an 82 DOHC is not enough even! Mine looks like:

http://s150.photobucket.com/user/kccaro/media/S63000911.jpg.html

As for the parts, they are your to do whatever with, but if you could give others a chance, they'd really appreciate it. It took me half a year to realize I wasn't going to find decent airbox to carb boots, ended up having to have them 3-d printed(!).

Hey, at the end of the day I just want to keep my 34+ year old motorcycle on the road. Now if only there were parts for my kids 50+ year old El Camino, but that's another story.

Back