Sprocket and rotor locking tabs laser cut from stainless

Shaun Chandler

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
I wasn't sure where to post this as I'm not selling these right now but I thought I would post what I did and see the interest level.

I had trouble finding the locking tabs to go on my 1978 xs400 cafe build and didn't want to just drop the part being that its a safety piece. I found that they were expensive from yamaha and I have multiple builds on the go so it made sense to make them up myself being that I know cad. I had the pieces laser cut and thought I would post a picture. If there is no interest thats fine just thought I'd put it out there.

They are cut from 20 gauge 304 stainless. Hopefully my picture attaches I've never attached a pic here. I've shown them with the old and the new side by side.

Shaun

Attachments

• P1010451.JPG
    P1010451.JPG
    160.2 KB · Views: 284
Thanks guys, perhaps I'll look into figuring out what they would be worth as a set of three or six. I don't think shipping would be bad at all they would fit in a padded envelope and be light. I guess as long as your willing to wait. I never pay for rush shipping on any of my online purchases otherwise I end up with these crazy brokerage fees on cheap items. Thanks alot for the responses and anyone interested please chime in so I know if its worth pursuing. I also laser cut a generator cover out of mild steel to replace the broken one on mine. I have two engines and both were broken a weak spot I here. I think I'll powder coat it and put a yamaha decal on it or have it engraved on a cnc for a more subtle look.

Shaun

Back