stripped thread.... inserts ?

I would not worry to much about that side. There is no oil or seal to keep in with the adjustment cover as long as the others are fine you should be ok. You could try using some plumbers tape to wrap the screw threads just to get it snug, or drill and tap some new threads:shrug:

M6, I did a helicoil on that side too.

the clutch needs that bolt in or the cover may flex causing it to have less clutch action

Hey Drifter you still have a pitch its just not measured over an inch like in standarc or inch threads.

You could do it a couple ways. Helicoil (might depend on how much meat you have as you will be drilling it up in size first then tapping and inserting the heli coil) You could just go up a size ( I wouldn't its best to keep things the same)

You just measure the bolt dia. so if it comes out to say 3.87 mm thats a 4 mm diameter. Then use a pitch gauge (metric) to see what the thread is (center to center distance of the threads).

If you have ever bought a tap and die set you likely got a pitch gauge with it. I'll attach a picture below. I would measure mine and tell you but I'm not sure what box they are in as I've been doing renovations.

Attachments

• gauge.jpg
    gauge.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 539
  • thread pitch.jpg
    thread pitch.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 280
Bring a bolt with you to get a heli coil to match it. if you have enough material to place one.

or just clean hole.. jb-weld.. when it sets tighten it just a bit.

with a helicoil you get a kit.

It has the correct drill bit, a special sized tap and a few inserts along with the insert ket and a bar to tap out the tang.

its really easy to do

same with timeserts you get a kit
no tang to break off
solid not a coiled wire

price seems to be about the same
i stand corected
helicoil atleast on amazon seems cheaper

Back