Swing arm sizes

firegatejeeyamaha

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok Im thinking about changing the swing arm and set up on my xs Seeing if the any of you know the size of the xs 400 seca swing arm pretty much the width and length or if you know of any other ones that might work with some modifications

What are yours plans for changing the swingarm? Is there a specific reason or outcome you're after? Just asking because there are several swingarms you can play about with depending on what you want to get out of it....does that make sense? I'm not sure, its late here...;)

A GSXR swingarm is almost a direct bolt-in:

2011-05-02_12-37-28_627.jpg

Seriously though, if you have to ask you shouldn't do it...

cheers!

and I really don't say that to be an ass, it's just that your project has much more of a chance of being completed if you don't get in to cross-breed fab type stuff. Have you considered extending your stock swingarm?

Last edited:
Well cad Im looking into changing it cause i would like to go for a different look and get rid of the side shocks. Im not doing for performance or handling or anything just going for a look. My long term goal would be to put a mono shock on with a swing arm that looks like the xs 400 seca one or something smaller and then to extend it four inches and the run the exhaust under the bottom side then though the larger gap between the tire and the swingarm so it can be under the seat. If that makes any sense.

And crush its a question that I would like to get input on see if any body knew of any to save time on research and if you never try something or ask you will never get any where Its a project bike have to give things a try

In that case I hear good things about the radian swingarm.

Oh, you want monoshock, I think you basically answered your own question with the seca, that's probably closest to a direct fit. Good luck!

I seen that and it looks cool but if i was going to take the exhaust under the bike and out under the seat dont think there would be enough room

Back