TCI Wiring Harness

Renegade

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ran a search for this and did not find what I needed and anything even close was LOOONNNGGGG dead.

I am building an 82/83 Maxim 400 so I have the DOHC motor and everything needed for the running of the bike is stock. Just aesthetics like mirrors, lights, tail, etc, etc are different.

My problem comes in the fact that the harness I have does not have the 6 pin connector for the TCI, I just have loose wires floating with no signs of where they are meant to live. The manuals all show wires to the TCI box and where they come from, but not where in the harness connector they belong. Would someone please be kind enough to show me which wire goes into which slot on the connector so I can hook this bike up and get her running again?

Thank you

I do yes, its driving me nuts and I think its the reason for a weak spark issue Im having. That would be totally awesome of you man! even if you just want to do a simple txt diagram like:

From the wire side of the connector:
Open Gray Black
Red Orange B/w

It will be a huge help. (colors in mock diagram chosen at random) Thank you!

Sorry, I guess the site was down for a while? Anyways, here is a picture of the wiring for my TCI currently. I only have 4 wires in my 6 pin, I know that the kickstart switch preventing start if it's down is not connected, but I'm not sure where it's supposed to go.

MVIMG_20190831_075650.jpg

Thank you so much! I will have to try and see what I get. If I get the bike started I will then test the kickstand wire adn get back to you and let you know. IF you want to...in my bikes first life I dont think it worked.... same with the clutch safety. Haha

Hmmm, I may not have the clutch safety either? I can start it in neutral with the kickstand down and the clutch engaged. I think the kickstand wire is a black and white striped. I was having TCI troubles and tried connecting it and got no sparks with it connected so I let it be.

Back