Thank you for the incredible resource!

Xsyates

XS400 New Member
Reaction score
Just bought my first bike! Only 12,000 miles, idles perfectly, no smoke. No dents or dings. I have never ridden a motorcycle before. I am very excited about this bike, learning to ride it and service it! I wonder if I will ever post again because it seems as though y'all have covered it all! Thank you for this invaluable resource!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 185
Enjoy and be safe.Always be 2 steps ahead of passenger vehicles and never asume they arent going to turn or pull out infront of you.Beaware especialy of Women drving white minivans.Even if a driver seems to be looking right at you be prepared to stop or that they will turn infront of you.

... I wonder if I will ever post again because it seems as though y'all have covered it all! ...
Welcome to the Forum.
You HAVE to post at least once more. If you have been reading on here you know that we love pictures. :popcorn:
What year and model do you have?

I believe it is a XS400E 2L0 10/77 1978, ser #2L0 004536. Planning to do brakes and tires, make it safe, play on it, continue to go through it, and then black it out with a matte finish everywhere.
I am hearing from everyone that bikes are invisible to morons, is it legal to run a small beacon or strobe like a plane, but not too intense?

Attachments

• IMG_0654.jpg
    IMG_0654.jpg
    265.3 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_0664.jpg
    IMG_0664.jpg
    298.2 KB · Views: 162
I am hearing from everyone that bikes are invisible to morons, is it legal to run a small beacon or strobe like a plane, but not too intense?

Yes, most caged motorists are oblivious of motorcycles. Bright lights all around helps, as does reflectors and bright clothing - I wear a yellow and black jacket. Many people swear that loud pipes save lives, but many areas are passing laws against loud bikes. :mad:

I can't say for certain, but my guess would be that a flashing light of any colour wouldn't be legal. Excluding turn signals, of course.

Welcome to the site. I know that in Utah it is illegal but not sure about other places. We definitely have a good site here. There are alot of awesome guys that have shared almost anything you can think of when it comes to this bike. I like the bike. How much did you pay for it if you dont mind me asking?

You can get a unit that causes your headlight to pulsate, but that's as far as you can go legally.

Honestly, I just assume no one can see me and that they are all liars. Also, stay out of blind spots as best you can and often it is better to do a few miles over the speed limit as opposed to going slow and getting overtaken constantly.

Not BadI got a slightly better deal on mine $$375.It needs mufflers but Im still going with something loud.I agree wearing bright clothing helps and the more reflectors you can have on your bike the better.A more brightly colored paint job should help also.

I paid $400.
I also agree aggressive driving is safer most times, keeps me more aware.

Call it "assertive" not aggressive. Don't instigate and be ready to ride defensively at all times. You'll always lose a contest for space with any sort of car.

Back