the horse back street chopper

drewpy

Excess twin
Top Contributor
Reaction score
I've been invited to submit the tracker to the horse BC and have never seen this mag in blighty.

what's the writing style of this mag, in your face life style or tech informative?

Congratulations!

I usually kind of just stare at the pictures but I have an older Horse Magazine from a couple of years ago that I just flipped through. It seems like most the articles focus on the bike and build process of the bike. It's written in a casual kind of relaxed way but it's still well written (if that makes any sense). It's like a condensed build thread almost. Or a one or two page version of it with a decent intro.

Some of the articles look like they were written by the owner of the bike, and others are written by the editor using info submitted by the owner, almost like the editors didn't like the story they were given so they put their own twist on it.

Here's the beginning to an article that is a little more stylized than most:
There it sat, buried under partially assembled dirt bikes and other unidentifiable two wheeled machines. Destined to live out the rest of its life at the bone yard in the dead of a cold Montana winter. With a couple of hours of pulling, moving and tugging thru the mud it was in the trailer. 150 bucks lighter and just a little dirty and tired, I was the proud owner of a 1981 Honda CMA400E piece O shit.

This is near the end:
With the tear down complete the frame was sand blasted and then coated with red primer, that's it, red primer. Next was the tank, fender and exhaust. For that, rattle can high heat low gloss black.. can after can after can, man I lost count after about a case. With all the paint done, it was time for the final assembly (my favorite part). With a new exhaust, some new gaskets, fresh oil, rebuilt carbs and just plain old elbow grease, it was time to breath a new life into this once forgotten engine. With a turn of the key and tickling of the carbs the beast lives.

I hope that helps some.

Congrats,Drewpy That's a beautiful bike and a lots of hard work.You deserve the opportunity to showcase these unappreciated bikes.I've seen the pics many times,and each time I like it more.Great craftsmanship! lha

Its a great mag,ive had a sub for 5years now. It very laid back,with lots of home built bikes,mixed with the pros. Not overly technical , but infomative.

Back